About Me

I am a crafty and thrifty fun lovin' stay at home mom of 3 amazing kids. I love learning new skills and putting them to use. I also enjoy a good deal and sharing my finds! Life is wonderful and you don't need a lot of money to make it fun!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Fool's Day

April Fool's Day is a big holiday here in our home! This year my husband was going to be out of town, so it was important that the girls still did their traditional joke breakfast their dad and them do for me every year without me "knowing". I gave my oldest $5 and as I went grocery shopping for what I needed she found what she needed and then bought it at the checkstand in front of me.
Here is what we had for breakfast.


For dinner we always have a backwards dinner. This year we had cupcakes for dinner and meatloaf for desert.
The cupcakes were really meatloaf and the frosting was mashed potatoes.
The meatloaf was chocolate cereal treats. It looked more realistic after it cooled.


The kids wanted to have a picnic so we ate in our backyard. My 6 year old caught on, but my 4 year old was disapointed that they weren't real cupcakes. That didn't stop her from eating two. My little guy wasn't too sure what to think about it but he ate it! Check out his face!




Other jokes we played:
1.While the kids were sleeping I moved them into diferent beds. They were so confused to wake up in the wrong bed.
2.I placed ballons above their doors so when they opened them balloons fell.
3.I used our baby monitor in each of their rooms and talked downstairs to wake them up.
4.Made a joke lunch with fake lables from
family.go.com

No comments:

Post a Comment